Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am doing this for you DAD...

I am suprised that I could actually figure this thing out... Seeings how I have no clue what I am really doing on a computer... But it is Thanksgiving and here I sit ALONE and I am thinking how bad it sucks that I can't be with my family on this Holiday. (Birth Family doesn't count so much as family when it come to the holidays) This is the first holiday in my life that I haven't been with my parents and it is brutal! No one loves me like they do and I am starting to feel the loss of their affection and attention! Geez, right now I sound like some spoiled little girl who has always been at the center of her parents universe! Imagine that ;)
I think this year I can finally understand the meaning of Thanksgiving. (Especially after this last year and a half and all the expeiences I have had.) I am so thankful for my family and that we have the opportunity to be together forever. I realize more now than ever how priceless the blessings that we have are. My parents are the most amazing people and have been such an example to me and Jared. I admire their strength and dedication, even when things haven't always gone their way. They take their trials for what they are and ALWAYS trust in the Lord to help them through it. And in the end we have always been more blessed than before. They have instilled in me that Faith in the Lord that he has a plan for each of us. We just have to live worthy of him.
Jared and I both have turned out the way we have because of our parents and their choice to raise us in the Gospel. Looking back I don't think that we could have ever been given a greater gift. How hopeless this life would feel not knowing what we know.
I love you mom and dad and this year on Thanksgiving I am even more thankful for you than in years past. Because now I realize and understand how difficult it is to be away from you!
Love you!
Heath

1 comments:

Bill Burton said...

Thanks, baby girl. Your mom and I miss you too and send all our love!
Dad